Website St. Mark Youth Enrichment
Terms of Employment:
School year 2022-2023
Salary: up to $16.50 per hour depending on experience and education
Orientation: To be announced
Regular Program Hours: M/T/TH/F- 2:45-5:30/5:40 pm , Wednesday’s 1:45: 5:30/5:40 pm
Location Options: Peosta Elementary, Seton Catholic Elementary
In accordance with St Mark Youth Enrichment’s Protection and Safety Policy, a criminal record check will be completed on any applicant selected for this position
Mandatory Reporter Training required and offered at no cost
Definition: Under the supervision of the Associate Director & Administrative Team, school para educators assist with the general supervision and management of the children afterschool programs. Program varies by school and more specific program information will be provided during interviews. Monthly meetings with program staff are also a requirement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the implementation of daily afterschool programming.
- Assist with activities designed to enhance the health, emotional, social, intellectual, and physical development of children enrolled in the program.
- Ensure the safety of the children in program at all times.
- Enforces school rules. Follow the policies and procedures of St Mark Youth Enrichment.
- Act as a role model for participating youth. Dress appropriately according to employee handbook.
- Work as a team with other St Mark staff and school staff.
- Demonstrate positive, high energy and interaction.
- Effectively communicate with Mark admin, co-workers, parents and school personnel as needed.
- Resolve student situations – behavioral, first aid, and emotional.
- Show up on-time for program.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all participating children, families and co-workers.
- Be responsible for the care of all equipment and space the children use.
- Meet on a monthly basis with program staff.
- Treat all children, parents, co-workers and school district staff with dignity and respect.
- Attend staff development trainings planned by St. Mark Youth Enrichment.
- Observe and record the behavior of individual children assigned to their care according to St. Mark Youth Enrichment’s discipline and harassment policies.
- Other duties as requested by the Administrative Team.
- Candidates with CPR/First Aid certification preferred.
- At least 1-2 years of experience working with children required. Experience working with groups of children preferred. (Ex: classrooms, daycare, camp, after school program, childcare, etc.)
- Ability to demonstrate effective and appropriate teaching and conflict management
- Ability to adjust teaching methods to meet the needs of students.
- Ability to demonstrate strong organizational skills.
- Dependable, reliable work/volunteer history.
- Reliable transportation to and from program site.
- Reliable daily communication method – either phone or email.
To apply for this position, contact Amanda Avenarius at St. Mark Youth Enrichment, 1201 Locust St, Dubuque, IA 52001 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions about this position contact Amanda at 582-6211 x105.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com