Website Engineering Services & Products Company
Reporting to the department manager, this position is responsible for supervising all activities in assigned areas. The supervisor takes an active role in scheduling, delegating, and coordinating departmental activities to fulfill work orders, meet inventory accuracy, and deliver manufactured products. Serves as a mentor to new and current team members to meet company organizational goals and objectives. This is a safety sensitive position because this is a hands-on supervisory role. This individual will be working with welding equipment, forklifts, machinery such as shears, robotic welders, pallet jacks, Big Joe, combis, tube benders, plasma, lasers, hoists, banders and painting equipment and sprayers. Will be using a variety of power and hand tools including saws, drill presses, grinders, sanders and others. Will be around and working on heavy steel beams and steel pipe for trusses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and coordinate activities of team leaders and production associates to ensure the best utilization of labor, materials, and equipment.
- Effectively communicate daily production plan with the tier-1 teams.
- Participates in daily Tier-2 meetings.
- Maintain a 3-deep cross-training matrix, provide coaching, and facilitate training to develop employees. Notify manager of needs for staffing.
- Funnel up information from tier-1 PvA boards to the tier-2 boards. Advise manager of performance issues.
- Identify issues and engage with team leaders and tier-1 teams in problem resolution. Escalate issues to the manager.
- Assist team leaders with the flow of production of assigned areas to meet planned output (water-spider activity).
- Is the primary 5S zone owner responsible for implementing and improving the level of 5S in assigned areas.
- Assist with the development of standard work and follow standard work procedures.
- Ensure auditing (safety, 5S, standard work, etc.) is completed, corrective actions completed, and updates the audit schedule at the Tier-2 board.
- Fills in for team leaders when absent.
- Fills in for the manager when absent and leads daily tier-2 meetings.
- Enforces all ESAPCO policies, procedures, work rules and safety policies.
- Inspects work or confer with weld inspectors to maintain specified standard and quality.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Demonstrated leadership in the areas of communication, conflict resolution, and problem solving.
· Must know how to weld and pass the required weld certifications.
· Experience working with blueprints, engineering drawings, or other specifications.
· Knowledge of manufacturing process.
· Knowledge of quality measurement tools.
· Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Strong positive attitude and a team player.
· Ability to foster a positive atmosphere of cooperation and collaboration.
- Some computer experience required.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent. Two years or more of welding experience is preferred. Must be able to pass the CWB welding certifications. Supervisory experience preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, policies and procedures, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Must be able to read, understand and speak English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to talk, hear and see. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. In addition to the lifting the job requires various carrying, pushing/pulling, kneeling, crawling and squatting.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The job is required to be performed inside and outdoors exposed to all sort of weather elements including hot, humid, dry dusty and cold conditions both inside and outside. Noise level is moderate for this position. ,
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.