Website Engineering Services & Products Company
Summary: The person in this position reports to the Customer Service Manager, and is responsible for accepting, addressing, resolving customer questions, issues, problems, complaints, fielding sales calls and follow up on quotes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer incoming phone calls, and determine the nature of the inquiry.
- Respond to the inquiry by either
A. Relaying the information the customer wants
B. Ask probing questions to determine the root of the situation/inquiry
C. Referring the customer to a more appropriate source of information.
D. Place an order for the customer.
E. Provide the customer with a quote for the materials needed.
- Acquire information from one or more of the following sources:
A. E10 and SharePoint
B. ESAPCO catalogs and reference books
C. Vendor catalogs and reference books
D. A knowledgeable person within the company or the vendor
E. An internet source
F. An example of the product
- Remain organized to ensure issues and quote requests are addressed in a timely fashion and customers are updated regularly should the issue not be resolved in one call.
- Remain calm while talking with upset customers.
- De-escalate the situation by calming the customer and focusing on a resolution to the situation.
- Accurately document inquires or situations on customer accounts.
- Present possible solutions regarding common customer complaints to the Customer Service Manager.
- Follow documented policies and procedures in resolving issues, problems or complaints.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Knowledge of sales and customer service techniques
· Ability to communicate with customers under all sorts of conditions
· Ability to use computer systems to solve problems
· Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
· Ability to research problems and discover information
· Ability to use complex computer systems
· Skill in appeasing difficult or angry customers
Education and/or Experience:
High School diploma and 4 years of customer service experience is required.
The ability to read and write at a 12th grade level, a personality suited to sustained interaction with angry and emotional people, and four years of experience in customer service activities.
The person in this position needs continuous training in company policies and procedures, company computer systems, and tools and techniques used to facilitate customer service.
Basic math skill required.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.