Website Engineering Services & Products Company
The individual in this position reports to the Material Flow Manager and is responsible for conducting warehouse receiving activities or material handling tasks as assigned. This is a safety sensitive position because this individual will regularly perform duties that include using ladders, banders, hoists, and other production equipment and machines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Move material and/or goods from one location to another as indicated by receiving instructions.
· Label and transfer received goods into appropriate locations.
· Pickup or arrange for pickup of local vender items, including furniture, raw materials, and supplies.
· Monitor stock levels and take action to replenish as needed.
· Unpack shipping containers, trucks, and packages received for placement on the shelves, or for repackaging.
· Notify recipient employees of special orders as they are received.
· Prepare scrap material for recycling as needed.
· Keep records and otherwise update paperwork or computerized systems to indicate material or order status.
· Notify Supervisor or Manager of any errors that need to be corrected.
· Any other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Knowledge of general material handling practices and safety procedures
· Must be forklift certified through company related training
· Ability to operate material handling equipment including forklifts, pallet jacks, banders, hoists and lifting equipment
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
· Ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions
· Skilled in material handling techniques
· Some computer experience required
Education and/or Experience
· High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
· One year experience with material handling equipment
· Must have communication skills appropriate for the job
· Ability to follow instructions
· Must be able to work with minimal supervision
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to use Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to communicate and listen to co-workers and is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. In addition to the lifting the job requires various carrying, pushing/pulling, kneeling, crawling and squatting.
Continuous training in warehouse and safety procedures, and certification in the operation of heavy equipment as needed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level is moderate in the work environment and requires working in the warehouse and outside. Will be exposed to all weather elements including hot, humid, dry dusty and cold conditions both inside and outside. ,
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.