Website Engineering Services & Products Company
The individual in this position reports to the Outside Material Handler Supervisor and the Material Flow Manager and is responsible for the movement of products or materials. Majority of duties occur outdoors in various weather conditions or in non-temperature-controlled buildings. This is safety sensitive position because this individual will be responsible for moving products on and off trucks with forklift or combi’s in smaller spaces and around loading docks or operating the shag truck. This individual could be monitoring inventory and using banders, hoists, pallet jacks or other equipment as part of their position. Could be using a variety of power and hand tools as well.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Responsible for the movement of products of materials on or off trucks and between storage buildings or outside locations as directed.
· Monitor inventory levels as directed. Responsible for keeping accurate inventory through the company computer inventory system and through reporting physical locations.
· Unload incoming flatbeds & loading outgoing flatbeds as directed.
· Assist with organizing the materials on hand as directed.
· Report maintenance issues on forklifts.
· Responsible for compliance of safety equipment on forklifts and completing any daily checklists as requested.
· Perform general forklift maintenance as necessary.
· Adhere to all safety or OSHA rules, policies and procedures as it pertains to this position.
· Operate shag truck to move empty or loaded trailers on company owned or leased property.
· Any other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Ability to learn general material handling practices and safety procedures
· Ability to complete forklift certification through company related training
· Ability to operate material handling equipment including forklifts, pallet jacks, banders, hoists and lifting equipment
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
· Ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions
Education and/or Experience
· High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
· One year experience with material handling equipment preferred
· Must have communication skills appropriate for the job
· Ability to follow instructions
· Must be able to work with minimal supervision
· Some computer experience required
· Shag truck experience helpful
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to communicate and listen to co-workers and is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. In addition to the lifting the job requires various carrying, pushing/pulling, kneeling, crawling and squatting.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The job is required to be performed inside and outdoors with exposure to all sort of weather elements including hot, humid, dry dusty and cold conditions. Noise level is moderate for this position. ,
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.