Website Zero Zone Inc
This is your chance! We are looking for an entry level Manufacturing Engineer to join our Zero Zone team in Dyersville, Iowa! You will receive hands-on experience while working in a BRAND-NEW facility! So, if you enjoy challenges and embrace continuous improvement, we can’t wait to hear from you!
Who Are We?
Have you ever gone into a grocery store or convenience store for things like milk, bagged salads, or frozen pizza? The coolers and freezers you find those and other food products in are what we do!! Zero Zone is a manufacturer of reach-in and open refrigerated and frozen food display cases as well as the refrigeration systems that work behind the scenes to cool the cases, keeping the food fresh! We also make powerful industrial refrigeration systems for food warehousing, pharmaceuticals, and even ice rinks! Our company is structured across 2 divisions – the Display Case Division, located in North Prairie, WI, Waukesha, WI, and Pewaukee, WI and the Refrigeration Systems Division, located in Ramsey, MN and now Dyersville, IA.
What Are We Like?
At Zero Zone, you will be a valued member of the Zero Zone team, able to take ownership of your own career path. We believe in hard work, teamwork, collaboration, and respect, and we have grown through dedication to our mission: “To exceed customer expectations through innovation, quality, and responsiveness.” For over 60 years, we have been a leader in refrigeration, and our people are well known for exceptional customer service. We also believe we are the COOLEST coworkers (pun intended)! This is an opportunity for you to make a difference in the refrigeration industry with one of the top leading manufacturers in the country! Come grow with us!!
What Can We Offer You?
- Vacation and Personal Hours (after only 30 days!)
- Competitive Wages
- Comprehensive Benefits Package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD, LTD, AD&D, FSA, EAP)
- 401k and Profit Sharing
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Flexible Schedules
- Casual Dress Code
- Wellness Programs and Incentives
- Steel Toe Reimbursement
- Holidays parties, company lunches, and free coffee
- One-time Home Computer Reimbursement
- And more!
What Will You Do?
The Manufacturing Engineer will utilize a variety of skills and knowledge to assist our Production Manager in developing, maintaining, and improving production processes and methods to meet customer specifications and increase productivity. You will apply your knowledge of product design, lean manufacturing, assembly and test methods, and quality control standards to ensure production objectives occur through positive interpersonal skills. The following are the essential duties and responsibilities you can expect to do:
- Analyze work force utilization plans, space requirements, workflow, and design layout of production process and workspace for maximum efficiency
- Formalize all available product knowledge and information to provide production with effective processes, documentation, work instructions, and quality control plans
- Study sequence of operations to be performed and flow of materials
- Provide revisions to product structure routings, manage creation of templates, and analyze accuracy of standard production labor hours
- Maintain quality control check points and continuous improvement program to decrease re-work and errors
- Project owner for new product introduction transfers to Manufacturing and ongoing change requests
- Technical support resource for ongoing/day-to-day manufacturing operations and continuous improvement programs
- Support new product estimators throughout the quoting process to establish labor, equipment, tooling, and outside services cost estimates
- Confer with Production and Engineering concerning product design to ensure efficient production methods
- Estimate production times and related costs to provide information for management decisions
- Participate in job reviews with production personnel
- Employ lean manufacturing tools and methods in execution of responsibilities
- Provide leadership by utilizing a lean approach to continuous improvement
What Are We Looking For?
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this position:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Industrial Technology, Manufacturing Engineering Technology, Advanced Manufacturing Degree, Industrial Manufacturing, or equivalent
- No previous experience necessary; a recent grad who is looking to work in a manufacturing environment is ideal
- Knowledge of quality-at-the-source techniques, root cause analysis, corrective action, continuous improvement, 5S, Lean, and Six Sigma methods
- Proficient in CAD/SolidWorks
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, team-oriented approach, and ability to establish rapport and trust quickly
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
Please explore our website to learn more about our company and to view our highly engineered products. www.zero-zone.com
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com