MercyOne Dyersville Senior Care is a 40-bed nursing home in Dyersville, Iowa, dedicated to providing the highest quality care. Owned and operated by MercyOne Medical Center – Dubuque, we offer a full range of services in a personal, home-like setting designed to meet the physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs of each resident. The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) is a member of the MercyOne Dubuque/Dyersville Medical Center healthcare team and is under the direct supervision of a registered professional nurse. CNAs assist the patient with activities of daily living, as well as other physical, emotional, and spiritual needs consistent with the Mission of MercyOne.
CNAs work 4, 8, and 12-hour shifts with nurse-to-patient ratios of 1:8 and 1:18, depending on shift and acuity.
• Day shift: 0500 – 1330 and 0300 – 1530
• Evening shift: 1300 – 2100 and 1700 – 2100
• Night shift: 2200 – 0630 and 1500 – 0330
Schedules are completed on a 6-week rotation, allowing for advance planning. CNAs orientate on the floor for a 2–3 week timeframe paired with a preceptor.
NURSING ASSISTANT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist in the physical management of patients.
2. Demonstrate ability to understand and follow directions.
3. Provide physical, emotional, and spiritual care to the patient population with respect to age specific and culturally sensitive needs as described in the department’s scope of service.
4. Record and report information such as vital signs, intake and output, weight, and any behavioral changes to appropriate supervisory personnel.
5. Maintain, assemble, and organize equipment needed for a safe secure environment.
6. Assist in mealtime activities by delivering and removing patient trays and feeding patients.
7. Complete routine daily assignments.
8. Perform additional duties as requested such as transporting patients and obtaining medications, supplies, and medical records from other departments.
9. Demonstrate a caring practice by respecting the rights of an individual or group.
10. Demonstrate ability to impact change within your department and with other departments.
11. Demonstrate skills as an effective team member.
12. Respect the confidentiality of an individual or group, unless obligated to disclose under proper authorization or legal compulsion.
13. Maintain a safe environment of care.
14. Communicate care effectively: both verbally and written.
15. Meet core certified nursing assistant competency requirements and unit-specific competencies upon hire and annually, as appropriate to the practice area.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1. Must be 18 years of age; 17 is permissible in certain areas.
2. Certification in a 75-hour CNA certification program required.
3. High school diploma or GED equivalent is strongly preferred.
4. All Certified Nursing Assistants are encouraged to belong to the National Nursing Aide Registry. In certain areas, participation in the registry is required and the CNA must complete 12 hours of in-service per calendar year.
5. Child and Dependent Adult Abuse Mandatory Reporter Training is required within 6 months of hire and every 3 years thereafter.
6. Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) will be required within 30 days of hire and every 2 years thereafter.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.trinity-health.org.