MercyOne Dyersville Medical Center
Full Time Day and Night Positions Available!
The Licensed Practice Nurse at MercyOne Dubuque/Dyersville is a collaborative member/leader of the healthcare team and practices under the supervision of the registered professional nurse in the delivery of holistic, compassionate, individualized, and effective patient care demonstrated by the use of the nursing process: assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation, and evaluation. In addition, licensed practical nurses are accountable to practice in accordance with standards established/endorsed by MercyOne leadership and by external regulators and accreditation agencies. Licensed practical nurses at MercyOne have responsibility and accountability for nursing practice and are expected to abide by the Code of Ethics for Nurses.
- The Licensed Practical Nurse must hold an active license to practice nursing in the state of Iowa.
- Graduation from an approved program for practical nurses is required.
- The Licensed Practical Nurse must maintain continuing education units per the state licensure requirements and continuously seek opportunities to enhance his or her own professional nursing practice. Membership in an appropriate professional nursing organization is recommended.
- Child and Dependent Adult Abuse Mandatory Reporter Training is required within 6 months of hire and every 3 years thereafter.
- Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) will be required within 30 days of hire and every 2 years thereafter.
To apply for this job please visit trinityhealth.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.