MercyOne Dubuque Medical Center
The Sales Counselor will routinely sell within the community’s market area. Works constructively and cooperatively with the Director of Sales (where applicable), to exceed sales goals for the community. Performs weekly external marketing calls. Develops and maintains professional selling relationships with professional referral sources within the market area. As an advocate for potential residents, the Sales Counselor shares information about the community, gives tours to potential residents and their family members, closes the deal and works with leadership to create and maintain an inviting and welcoming community to all residents. Plans and host community events as directed
Disclaimer: The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the individual in this position. Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary or appropriate by management.
- Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the Mission, Vision, Values and Guiding Behaviors of Trinity Health and Trinity Health Senior Communities in behaviors, practices, and decisions.
- Consistently demonstrates (leads by example) THSC Values to all internal and external customers (residents, visitors, volunteers, and employees.) Creates and maintains an atmosphere of warmth, propagating a calm environment throughout the office.
- Executes assignments in a culture that is shared and collaborative across all divisions within THSC.
- Ensures effective communication to Leadership team regarding marketing, sales, and occupancy issue.
- Implements the marketing plan ensuring that a census of budgeted occupancy or exceeds 95% or higher is maintained.
- Meets or exceeds the sales activity standards as determined by the Vice President of Sales & Marketing. These sales activity standards include quotas for daily telephone lead base follow up calls, appointments, on-site and off-site sales activities, and other sales related performance metrics.
- The position is demanding and requires daily telemarketing work. Works from leads generated by marketing activities, the Sales Counselor is responsible for generating and conducting site visits by prospective residents and doing the necessary follow-up work to close sales.
- Demonstrates excellent sales skills through: Establishing and maintaining client relationships; Discovery of client’s needs and desires with the community’s products and services; Closing and post-sales activities. Uses good listening techniques and demonstrates exceptional customer service.
- Organizes and manages a successful networking and community outreach program.
- Directly responsible for the entire sales process including but not limited to: sales calls, event planning and hosting, tours and lease negotiations. Plans, executes and coordinates lead-generating events (open houses, seminars, community tours, VIP functions, etc).
- Responds to inquiries within an appropriate time frame: 1 business day or before close of business each day identifies needs, barriers, and next steps for each inquiry.
- Ensures the THSC lead management system is maintained. Reports leads, move-in and move-out (i.e., census) activity to community and Home Office leadership on a routine basis. This includes documentation of all completed and scheduled sales activities, including move-ins and move-outs.
- Ensures that model suites are well maintained. Oversee and/or coordinate new resident move-in process with appropriate team members.
- Maintains consistently high levels of performance under pressure; remains optimistic in the face of adversity and works proactively to overcome obstacles.
- Establishes and/or maintains as a member of the leadership team a plan to achieve operating goals.
- Promotes and maintains collaborative relationships with managers, peers, direct reports and customers by effectively fostering a team environment, building consensus and resolving conflicts.
- Submits recommendations regarding department budget, equipment and supplies as necessary. Identify financial vulnerabilities and make cost reduction recommendations as needed. Ensures adequate supplies and equipment is available to meet the day-to-day operational needs of the department.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and local laws and regulations, THSC Corporate Integrity Program, Code of Ethics, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior.
- In light of a disaster will know your disaster recovery, crisis management and business continuity plans and act within your role that is developed within the business continuity plan. Which may include working at another location, remotely from home, and maintaining constant contact with key personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 years direct sales experience in apartment sales, retirement living sales and/or leasing sales or the equivalent combination of education and direct sales mgt selling experience in apartment sales, retirement living sales and/or leasing. Proven track record in “closing the deal” in apartment leasing, retail and/or retirement living communities
- Expert knowledge of leads management systems (REPS) including report functionality.
- Expert time management skills including managing multiple events, clients and prospective residents at the same time. Demonstrates awareness and understanding of issues facing today’s seniors including housing challenges, care needs/aging-in-place, family concerns, etc. Knows and understands the Independent Living, Retirement and Senior Housing industries relevant trends and current marketing landscape.
- Self-starter, highly motivated with high energy level.
- Must possesses a valid driver’s license.
- Includes weekend and evening work.
- Must be action-oriented, have business acumen, manage conflict well, be customer focused, have high decision quality, flexibility to adapt to ongoing change and have organizational agility. Ability to work with minimal supervision and exercise independent judgment.
- Possess interpersonal skills to drive collaboration, commitment and productivity when working with cross-functional teams, customers and end users. Must be comfortable functioning in a virtual, collaborative shared leadership environment.
- Demonstrates superior written and verbal communication and presentation skills appropriate for audience comprehension. Well-developed communication skills, both written and oral, that may be used either in an on-site or virtual environment is required. Able to communicate effectively with individuals and groups representing diverse perspectives.
- Comprehensive to expert proficiency with Microsoft product suite (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.); basic knowledge and experience with electronic mail and calendaring system. Expert knowledge of lead management systems necessary, REPS experience preferred. Ability to type with speed and accuracy including reporting capabilities. Ability to use other software as required to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Possesses a high degree of personal accountability, responsibility and independent decision-making abilities with the skills to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures of the organization in line with mission, vision, and philosophy of TSLC.
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to perform multiple duties and functions related to daily operations and maintain excellent customer service skills. Ability to perform frequent detailed tasks and provide immediate service with frequent interruptions. Ability to change and be flexible with work priorities. Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to research, analyze and assimilate information from various on-site or virtual sources based on technical and experience-based knowledge. Must exhibit critical thinking skills and possess the ability to prioritize workload.
- Position requires up to 75 % travel.
To apply for this job please visit trinityhealth.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.