About APC: Advanced Precast Company (APC) is a precast concrete manufacturing facility located in Dyersville, Iowa. APC produces various concrete wall panels for architectural and structural facilities located throughout the Midwest.
Job Summary: This position will be responsible for taking initiative to provide the highest quality of cleaning to APC’s factory, maintenance, and batch plant facilities in accordance with company policies and procedures. The following duties are typical for this job. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Continuously keep factory floors swept and clear of debris according to departmental procedures and standards.
- Assist with recycling foam, wood, and other loose materials.
- Operate designated floor scrubber to assist with reducing dust levels and dirt build up.
- Keep materials (wood forms, nails, bench tools, etc.) organized.
- Clean locker rooms, break rooms, and bathrooms according to departmental procedures, to include mopping,
- removing trash and garbage, washing walls, dusting, filling dispensers, etc.
- Monitor and keep a running stock of cleaning supplies.
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records and documents required by company standards.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Ability to listen to, understand, and follow directions.
- Ability to remain flexible as specific assignments change.
- Dedicated and reliable work ethic.
- Ability to have the drive to take initiative.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively with other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- Requires four years of high school and six to twelve months of related experience; or a combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock; and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
It is the established policy of Advanced Precast Company to extend equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified individuals, regardless of their race, color, age, sex, pregnancy, gender, disability, genetic profile, religion, national origin, ethnic background, military service or citizenship and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applied to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply for this job please visit advancedprecastcompany.com.