Advanced Precast Company (APC) is a precast concrete manufacturing facility located in Dyersville, Iowa. APC produces various concrete wall panels for architectural and structural facilities located throughout the Midwest.
Job Summary: Work in a collaborative team-oriented environment to provide the highest quality of work rigging concrete wall panels to APC’s Gantry Cranes. The following duties are typical for this job. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with directing APC’s crane operators throughout the factory and shipping yard.
- Prepare concrete panes for shipping and loading onto semi-trailers.
- Utilizing two-way headset and hand signals to efficiently communicate with crane operators.
- Attach crane rigging to precast panels prior to lifting with crane.
- Safely assist crane operators in loading panels onto trailers for shipping.
- Follow shipping schedule and ensure correct panels are loaded.
- Maintain and follow proper safety procedures for safe rigging of panels.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to listen to, understand, and follow directions.
- Ability to remain flexible as specific assignments change.
- Reliable and dedicated work ethic.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently and with a variety of personalities.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must have physical strength, balance, hand-eye coordination, and stamina necessary to complete jobs in various areas.
- Must be able to life and carry at least 50 pounds at a time and stand between eight and twelve hours per day.
- Will be required to work outside and in various weather conditions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
It is the established policy of Advanced Precast Company to extend equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified individuals, regardless of their race, color, age, sex, pregnancy, gender, disability, genetic profile, religion, national origin, ethnic background, military service or citizenship and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applied to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply for this job please visit advancedprecastcompany.com.