About APC: Advanced Precast Company (APC) is a precast concrete manufacturing facility located in Dyersville, Iowa. APC produces various concrete wall panels for architectural and structural facilities located throughout the Midwest.
Job Summary: Under the supervision of the Quality Control Supervisor, the Specialist works in a collaborative team-oriented environment to check and inspect in-coming materials, in-process and finished products, ensuring conformance to company quality and PCI educational level standards. The following duties are typical for this job. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interpret detailed blueprints, work orders and engineering specifications determine production standards and tolerance limits.
- Perform inspection on pre-pour, post-pour, and final product, ensuring conformance to specifications.
- Perform fresh and hardened concrete testing on concrete material.
- Route product for re-work.
- Complete all required records and paperwork to include inspection reports, damage reports, return reports, and re-work orders, and any other documentation according to PCI standards.
- Ensure finished product is loaded correctly to minimize possible damage during transportation.
- Analyze inspection results and assist in addressing and resolving production problems causing deviations from existing standards.
- Communicate with plant supervision noted deviations of tolerances and quality.
- Recommend modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
- Make recommendations regarding safe working methods.
- Meticulous attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as dimensions, tolerances, proportions and percentages.
- Ability to listen to, understand, and follow directions.
- Ability to remain flexible as specific assignments change.
- Dedicated and reliable work ethic.
- Excellent communication skills.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
High school diploma or GED and three (3) years of related manufacturing experience; or five (5) years of progressively responsible related experience; or a combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach above shoulders; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
It is the established policy of Advanced Precast Company to extend equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified individuals, regardless of their race, color, age, sex, pregnancy, gender, disability, genetic profile, religion, national origin, ethnic background, military service or citizenship and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applied to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply for this job please visit advancedprecastcompany.com.