Multiple job openings at FarmTek - scroll down to see them all. Recruiting video.
Construction Worker - $2000 Sign-on bonus!
Job Description: The person in this position reports to the Construction Foreman, and is responsible for the construction of fabric buildings and structures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assemble fabric buildings and structures onsite.
- Prepare worksites for assembly and placement of buildings and/or assist purchaser in preparation of site as directed.
- Make repairs to damaged material and equipment as needed.
- Document and photograph progress of construction projects as directed. - Perform other tasks as assigned.
Covers Operator - 1st, 2nd, & Weekend Shifts
Job Description: A person in the position usually reports to an area supervisor, who reports to the Manufacturing ClearSpan Manager. A Covers Operator 1 is an entry level position and will be responsible for measuring, cutting and/or moving material for fabrication according to design drawings or work orders. This person will be responsible for quality control and getting the items ready for shipment to the customer in a timely fashion.
Job Description: The individual in this position reports to the Distribution Manager and is responsible for completing warehouse fulfillment or material handling tasks as assign.
Laser Operator (1st/2nd Shift)
- Responsible for setting up and operating a variety of manufacturing machine tools to produce precision parts and instruments.
- Selecting the appropriate tools, machines and materials to be used in preparation of manufacturing machinery work.
- Make sure that the right program is picked for the particular job.
- Calculating dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and vernier calipers.
- Operator will perform daily cleaning of machine, scrap bins and perform some maintenance duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Load sheets of metal into the laser using a vacuum hoist.
- Unload the cut parts, use instruments to debur and clean parts.
- Make sure that the part meets the quality expectations and it is within the tolerances of the particular part.
- Make custom parts for repair of current equipment when required.
Machine Operator 1
- Operate any of several types of automated and semi-automated machines that are used to produce parts and components.
- Program N/C Machines to produce parts and components according to drawing specifications.
- Read and understand blue prints and other shop drawings.
- Load and unload material and set up machines for standard and for special production runs.
- Monitor machine performance and take preventative and corrective actions as needed.
- Perform standard general and specific maintenance on production machinery as indicated by protocol.
- Use micrometers and calipers
- Understand and use basic shop math and general machine skills
- Verify settings by measuring positions and first article/sample pc.
- Conduct in process inspection of machined parts
Machine Operator 2
- Produce machined and constructed items by setting and operating a computer numerically controlled machine.
- Conduct first article and in-process inspection of precision machined parts.
- Perform and maintain accurate in-process quality inspection and records as required.
- Responsible for all phases of part machining set-up to achieve in process quality inspections.
- Verify settings by measuring positions, first-run part and sample work pieces; adhering to design standards.
- Able to select production programs
- Understanding of Control Panel to bring cell back into operation after startup, maintenance or a fault.
- Instruct Production Operator or Machine Operator 1 on proper machine operation.
- Complete set-ups with minimal supervision or assistance.
Material Flow Manufacturing 1
Job Description: The individual in this position reports to the Load Coordinator/Inspector 1 and is responsible for moving finished goods to the correct picking locations immediately after manufacturing in the weld shop. This individual is responsible for picking and loading of Truss and Greenhouse orders and responsible for raw materials entering in the weld shop for accuracy.
Paint & Prep (1st/2nd Shift)
- Move material from storage locations to/from cleaning or painting stations for cleaning or other production operations.
- Clean items according to specific part requirements. This includes removal of oil, grease welding impurities, slag, etc. to allow paint to adhere sufficiently. Move completed items from the carousel line or paint booth to storage locations as necessary.
- Paint items according to specific part requirements. Move items to/from the paint location, then touchup if necessary.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Coordinates all activities related to procurement of a commodity beginning with intent to purchase through delivery.
- Analyzes the requirements of the commodity, including preliminary specifications, preferred supplier and date commodity is needed.
- Advises team members or management on the appropriate supplier to be used.
- Negotiates the lowest possible cost for the commodity balanced against the optimum quality and schedule needs.
- Assures that the commodity is delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price, and meets the quality standards of the company.
- Maintains timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices and other documents to assure accurate retention of records.
- Manages excess inventory as well as discontinued and nonstock inventory.
- Set up all tools, appliances, benches, sewing machine, tube benders, saws, drills presses, jigs, fixtures and materials needed to assemble and/or fabricate the assigned product.
- Ability to operate hand tools and other machines such as drills saws and presses.
- Ability to load and unload work station with tooling and product.
- Review work order for instructions and/or special requirements.
- Measure, cut and/or move materials into position for fabrication or assembly according to design drawings and work order instructions.
- Fabricate and/or assemble product.
- Inspect all work done for overall quality and identify any errors. If instructions call for an external inspector, notify inspector and wait for inspection.
- Prepare finished product for next assembly or for transfer to another location as indicated by instructions.
Welder (1st & 2nd shift) - $1000 Sign-On Bonus!
Job Description: Connects cables from welding unit to obtain amperage, voltage, slope, and pulse, as specified by Welding Engineer or Welding Technician. -Strikes (forms) arch which generates heat to melt and deposit metal from electrode to work piece and join edges of work piece. -Welds in flat, horizontal or vertical positions. -Examines weld for bead size and other specifications. -Cleans or degreases weld joint or work piece. -Repairs broken or cracked parts and fills holes. -Preheats work piece with hand torch or heating furnace. -Positions and clamps work pieces together or assemble them in jig or fixture. -Tacks assemblies together.
Email resume to email@example.com