COVID-19 related Grants/Loans
Iowa Small Business Relief Program to provide financial assistance to small businesses economically impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. The program offers grants ranging from $5,000-$25,000, in addition to offering a deferral of sales and use or withholding taxes due and waiver of penalty and interest to eligible businesses. Must have employed between 2-25 people prior to March 17, 2020; and
Must have a physical location in Iowa
- Funds can be used to assist eligible businesses in maintaining operations or reopening business following the COVID-19 pandemic
- Funds may not be used to pay debts incurred prior to March 17, 2020
- Application deadline is Tuesday, March 31 at 12 p.m. (noon)
Please be patient and try again later if you're unable to access the online application. The program is NOT first-come, first-served. Each completed application received will be reviewed.
Targeted Small Businesses (TSB) grant with zero employees that have been economically impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Small businesses grants ranging from $5,000-$10,000 to businesses that are sole proprietors or single-member LLCs that are also TSB certified, or have an application submitted to the Iowa Economic Development Authority (IEDA) by April 10, 2020 to become TSB certified.
To be eligible for a TSB Sole Operator Fund grant, eligible businesses must:
- Be experiencing business disruption due to the COVID-19 pandemic; and
- Be a Targeted Small Business or have an application in process by April 10, 2020 to become certified as a Targeted Small business in accordance with Chapter 52 of Iowa Code.; and
- Be a sole proprietor, single-member LLC with no employees, or a corporation with only one owner and no employees; and
- Verify that Targeted Small Business income is the sole source of income for the business owner
To be eligible for TSB Certification, businesses must be:
- Located in the state of Iowa; and
- Operating for a profit; and
- Make less than $4 million in gross income, computed as an average of the preceding three fiscal years; and
- Majority owned (51% or more), operated and managed by a female, individual with minority status, service disabled veteran or individual with a disability
Unemployment Tax Payments delayed
first quarter unemployment tax payments that are due April 30th will be delayed till the end of the 2nd quarter, July 31, 2020. Eligible employers include those employers with 50 or fewer employees. Eligible employers also must be in good standing with no delinquencies in quarterly payments. All employers must file Quarterly Employers Contribution and Payroll Report electronically by 4:30 on April 24th to avoid late report filing penalty.
Unemployment insurance claims:
If you are laid off due to COVID-19 or have to stay home to self-isolate, care for family members or due to illness related to COVID-19, you can receive unemployment benefits, provided you meet all other eligibility requirements. Work search requirements will be waived. More specific explanation of benefit eligibility can be found at: https://www.iowaworkforcedevelopment.gov/2019-unemployment-insurance-claimant-handbook
Claimants can expect to receive payment within 7-10 days after the date the claim is filed.
Claims that are filed and identified as a direct or indirect result of COVID-19, will not be charged to employers. Fact-finding interviews for these claims will be waived and not be held although employers will be notified of claims received.
IWD will process unemployment insurance payments to ensure payment will continue to be paid in a timely manner.
SBA low-interest support loans.
The loans offer up to $2 million in assistance to small businesses to help overcome the temporary loss of revenue.
The funds may be used to pay fixed debts, payroll, accounts payable and other bills that can’t be paid because of the disaster’s impact. The interest rate is 3.75% for small businesses. The interest rate for non-profits is 2.75%.
The loans offer long-term repayments up to a maximum of 30 years. Terms are determined on a case-by-case basis, based upon each borrower’s ability to repay.
There is an automatic 1 year deferment on repayments; interest will begin accruing when the disbursement is made.
Delta Dental of Iowa is introducing the Advance Claims Payment Program (ACPP). This program will allow dentists to receive up to 50% of their average weekly claims payment in advance for four weeks. These advance payments are interest-free and will be recovered over a 20-week period beginning in July. Please see below for further details or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-544-0718.
- Participate in at least one of Delta Dental of Iowa’s networks (Premier, PPO, DWP, Hawki).
- In “good standing” with Delta Dental of Iowa and the Iowa Dental Board.
- Office must be located in Iowa.
- Licensed Iowa dentist.
Delta Dental of Iowa for Nonprofits
has committed $500,000 for a COVID-19 Nonprofit Emergency Operating Relief Fund. Through this fund the Foundation is offering operating grants of up to $10,000 to Iowa nonprofit organizations focused on providing health and wellness services during this crisis, or addressing food insecurity needs.
The Foundation will begin accepting grant requests starting March 23rd until the funds are all allocated.
COVID-19 Nonprofit Emergency Operating Relief Grant Eligibility
Grants will support the general operations of eligible nonprofits who meet the following criteria:
- Organization must be located in Iowa and serve Iowans
- Must have an active 501(c)3 IRS status
- Priority will be given to nonprofits focused on providing health and wellness related services during COVID-19 crisis, or addressing food insecurity issues with a health equity lens (serving those who will be most adversely impacted)
- Funds can be used to cover fixed operational expenses such as: salaries for medical providers, volunteer coordinators, medical workforce (e.g., lab technicians, CNAs), rent, utilities, internet, insurance, phone, medical supplies, etc.
Facebook is offering $100M in cash grants and ad credits for up to 30,000 eligible small businesses in over 30 countries where we operate. We’ll share more details as they become available.
How the program can help
- Keep your workforce going strong
- Help with your rent costs
- Connect with more customers
- Cover operational costs
Not available yet but can sign up to get a notification https://www.facebook.com/business/boost/grants?ref=eml
Dyersville Area Community Foundation COVID19 Relief Fund
Address economic needs & health impact on vulnerable populations caused by COVID 19. The fund will direct dollars to those organizations on the front lines of serving vulnerable families. To give to this fund, go to www.dbqfoundation.org/dacfcovidrelief or apply email@example.com