The community known as Luxemburg is located in the center of Liberty Township. The post office, opened in 1860, was named Allison after the United States senator, William Allison, of Dubuque. However, letters and documents of this time were still addressed “Luxemburg (Allison P.O),” giving the impression that the town was known as Luxemburg from the early days of the settlement. Later it was learned there was another town in the state by the name of Allison, and a new name had to be found for the post office. Finally in January of 1912, shortly before the outbreak of the First World War, the town of Luxemburg was incorporated.
Holy Trinity Catholic Church
LaSalle Catholic Schools 100 W. Main St., PO Box 139 Luxemburg, IA 52056
Local Chamber Member Businesses
Fidelity Bank & Trust 105 E Main Street Luxemburg, IA 52056 563-853-2245
Ball diamond south of the church, Luxemburg City park 105 Park Avenue, Luxemburg